Re: [pdt-dev] PDT 2.0 and use of encodings for remote debug

Hi Michael,

I plan to use the output encoding in define the encoding sent to the debug and browser output views in the same manner as zend and I think that is a good thing to be able to define.
For small strings I will having a single collapsed entity as you describe, but I will definitely split it for large strings otherwise it becomes unusable witrhin the variables view.

I am still not convinced that transfer encoding is only used for php string binary data. I see it as being similar to the DBGp encoding which defines the encoding which the commands and responses are sent over the wire. It doesn't dictate the encoding to use to convert a php string to a java.lang.String. However I could use that preference specifically for that meaning within the xdebug environment.

Best regards

Dave Kelsey