Fwd: [pdt-dev] PDT and ATF together

Hi Everyone,

I've recently posted here and in the ATF mailing lists about the integration of PDT and ATF projects. I receive some revelante information and I think it's relevant to the discussion here.

Take a look in the message I receive from Robert Goodman from IBM, the project leader of the ATF team:
-----------------------------------

Pedro

Sorry I don't have a good solution to your problem working with the PHP IDE. ATF implemented a  facet for installing the ATF and JSDT functionality to a project. This means that the ATF/JSDT functionality can be added to any project that support facets such as Static/dynamic web project (The Ajax Toolkit Project is just a Static Web Project with a wizard that automatically adds the ATF facet). The PHP project is not a faceted project. My preference is to have the PHP IDE team change their project to support facets, then to do something special. Beyond this there would still be additional changes needed to get the new JSDT functionality working inside a PHP file.

I used to work on the PHP IDE, so I know all of the developers. The PHP IDE team sent me a note just before the we shipped M3, so I need to get back with them.

Yes JSLint is obsolete. This functionality will be provided by the validator in JSDT. There isn't a direct one-to-one match today and there will probably never be. We you get into checking of things that are considered best practices, you get into arguments of what is a valid best practice.

   Thanks
     Bob

Robert Goodman
IBM Emerging Technologies
goodmanr@xxxxxxxxxx
512-838-8824    T.L. 678-8824

"Pedro Garcia" <pedro.gspace@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: atf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/17/2007 01:23 PM

Please respond to
AJAX Toolkit Framework discussion <atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[atf-dev] ATF and PDT together

Hey Guys,

First of all! Congratulations for this spectacular work!!! ATF is the best ever IDE for developing AJAX applications. I'm using and testing ATF since the first release. This new version 0.2.3M3 brings a lot of more features, and the best, it includes (as far as I could see) the JSDT to the project, which means that the _javascript_ parsing now is for real, and we can get a lot of professional development tools present in well known IDE's.

I'm using Eclipse ATF and PDT (PHP Development Tools version S20070815-M2 ). Until the last release of the ATF, using these 2 plugins together was fine, but I'm experiencing some problems using the latest ATF together with the latest PDT. The problem is, if i'm inside a PHP project I can't view the advanced features of the JS files (code outline, syntax validation, etc). And if I'm inside a _javascript_ project, I can't use PHP advanced features.

I'm trying to create a project that uses both PHP and JS files. It is possible to create a kind of mixed-project or something so I can use the advanced features of both?

Just one more thing: in the download page of the ATF 0.2.3M3 is missing information about the use of the JSLINT. I'm presuming that this step isn't necessary anymore because since the JSDT is the new ATF the JSLINT became obsolete. I think a little note about this would be good to people from older releases.

Thanks in Advance,

atf-dev mailing list
atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx