Re: [pde-ui-dev] Where is the appropriate place to ask PDE questions?

Hi Jason,

There are already too many newsgroups.   Adding one more may cause even
more fragmentation of information.

Between the Platform and RCP newsgroups, you should get your questions
answered:

http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.platform/maillist.html
http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.platform.rcp/maillist.html

As for the PDE Extension Point documentation, they are where they have
always been:
Plug-in Development Environment Guide > Reference > Extension Point
Reference.  This document has links to all PDE extension point docs.

It is different from the other books in the help documentation.  I'm not
sure why that is.  We should have it changed to conform.

Wassim.

             "Jason Beaton"
             <jason.beaton.ns@
             gmail.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             pde-ui-dev-bounce                                          cc
             s@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       [pde-ui-dev] Where is the
             12/04/2006 06:51          appropriate place to ask PDE
             PM                        questions?

             Please respond to
              "Eclipse PDE UI
             developers list."
             <pde-ui-dev@eclip
                  se.org>

My apologies for sending an e-mail to this entire list but there does not
appear to be a newsgroup for PDE related issues and I didn't know where
else to go.

I understand that this list is just for developers of the PDE but could
someone please recommend to me where PDE "users" can go to post questions
about the PDE tool? I have questions like ...

Where has the "PDE Extension Point" doc gone?
In older versions of eclipse I could go to "Help > Plugin Develpment
Environment Guide > Reference > Extension Point API" and get access to a
lot of great documentation.
When I do this in the latest version of Eclipse however, there is almost
nothing there?
Where do I go to get this information?

P.S. Is there a search interface for the archive of this mailing list?

pde-ui-dev mailing list
pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx