Re: [pde-ui-dev] Incubator structure

+1 for Pascal's modified structure.  Pascal is so smart.

As for the 'plugins' vs. 'bundles' vs. 'modules' cool-o-meter, Ian is the
coolest guy I know and we should therefore let him pick.

Wassim.

             Dejan
             Glozic/Toronto/IB
             M@IBMCA                                                    To
             Sent by:                  "Eclipse PDE UI developers list."
             pde-ui-dev-bounce         <pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             s@xxxxxxxxxxx                                              cc
                                       "Eclipse PDE UI developers list."
                                       <pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
             11/30/2006 10:05          pde-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       Re: [pde-ui-dev] Incubator
                                       structure
             Please respond to
              "Eclipse PDE UI
             developers list."
             <pde-ui-dev@eclip
                  se.org>

Jeff,

Aren't 'modules' what even cooler kids talk about :-)?

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Manager, Eclipse Development 1A
D1/R0Q/8200/MKM
IBM Canada Ltd.
Tel. 905 413-2745  T/L 969-2745
Fax. 905 413-4850

             Jeff
             McAffer/Ottawa/IB
             M@IBMCA                                                    To
             Sent by:                  "Eclipse PDE UI developers list."
             pde-ui-dev-bounce         <pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             s@xxxxxxxxxxx                                              cc

                                                                   Subject
             11/30/2006 09:59          Re: [pde-ui-dev] Incubator
             PM                        structure

             Please respond to
              "Eclipse PDE UI
             developers list."
             <pde-ui-dev@eclip
                  se.org>

Clearly y'all (for Chris) are superior to Equinox.  We're just a framework.
You are, well, a tool :-)

anyway, I'm not smart enough to suggest anything useful but can observe
that "bundles" is what all the cool kids are talkin' about.  That is, if
you want to be truly superior.

Jeff

 Pascal
 Rapicault/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
 Sent by:                                                               To
 pde-ui-dev-bounces@eclipse.        "Eclipse PDE UI developers list."
 org                                <pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
                                    "Eclipse PDE UI developers list."
 11/30/2006 09:07 PM                <pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
                                    pde-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
      Please respond to             Re: [pde-ui-dev] Incubator structure
  "Eclipse PDE UI developers
            list."
   <pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

-1. Wtih the recommended structure you can't be superior to equinox.
To be completly superior to the equinox incubator (it will not be difficult
in the folder structure but harder on the content ;-)), I would recommend
that you create a subfolder for each work area to avoid conflicts on
efforts modifying the same plugins.
So here an idea:
       pde-incubator/
               visualization/
                       plugins/
                               org.eclipse.pde.core
                               b/
                       doc/
               otherCoolStuff
                       plugins/
                               org.eclipse.pde.core

This structure even though a bit more hard to setup, will ensure clarity
for people looking at the repo and also ease the consumption of the various
pieces without having any conflict.

PaScaL

 Wassim Melhem/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
 Sent by:
 pde-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                             "Eclipse PDE UI developers
 11/30/2006 07:46 PM                         list."
                                             <pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
          Please respond to
  "Eclipse PDE UI developers list."                                Subject
      <pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>               Re: [pde-ui-dev] Incubator
                                             structure

+1

This structure will be far "superior" to that of the Equinox incubator ;-)

Wassim.

           Ian Bull
           <irbull@xxxxxxx.c
           a>                                                         To
           Sent by:                  "Eclipse PDE UI developers list."
           pde-ui-dev-bounce         <pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           s@xxxxxxxxxxx                                              cc

                                                                 Subject
           11/30/2006 07:39          [pde-ui-dev] Incubator structure
           PM

           Please respond to
            "Eclipse PDE UI
           developers list."
           <pde-ui-dev@eclip
                se.org>

Hi everyone!

How should we structure the incubator? Does anyone have a problem with a
structure like:

pde-incubator/
pde-incubator/plugins/
pde-incubator/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.visualization
pde-incubator/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.some-other-tool
pde-incubator/docs/...
pde-incubator/tests/...

cheers,
ian