[pde-ui-dev] Help implementing context-sensitve help

Hi all,

I’m hoping to help on the PyDev project, and I need some sort of clue as to where to get started implementing context-sensitive help in the Editor, like the Javadoc hover popup (with F2 option) that the Java editor has.  Looked at the plugin docs, but still not sure where to begin, short of downloading the Eclipse source and tearing through it.

I’ve got a way to convert Python’s HTML to Javadoc format, which I hope is half the battle.  The PyDev stuff uses SWT, not RCP.  I just want a rough idea as to what classes, events, and other junk I need to begin looking at.  If someone can give me an event/method interaction outline (doesn’t have to be detailed), that would be super.

Thanks,

Jeff

Back to the top