Re: [pde-ui-dev] New Extension Wizard in M8

The new attribute 'contributingId" was the only new thing added in M8.
Since these extension points are marked as internal to PDE, there was no
real need to advertise such changes.
These extension points are still work in progress and will be finalized and
made public by M9.

On a side note, I never realized how many people love and are using these
extension points until we introduced these breaking changes.

Wassim.

             "Murali Pattathe"
             <murali7212@hotma
             il.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             pde-ui-dev-admin@                                          cc
             eclipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [pde-ui-dev] New Extension Wizard
             04/20/2004 11:54          in M8
             AM

             Please respond to
                pde-ui-dev

The custom templates are not showing in Available Templates list part of
the New Extension wizard in M8.

I assume that the changes are needed in M8 is to add "contributingId" in
wizard section part of the org.eclipse.ui.newExtension and set the
extension Id to that.

The template does not display in the list when I select the extension point
after making above-mentioned changes.

Is there any other changes need to make?

Thanks.

Murali.

<extension

point="org.eclipse.pde.ui.newExtension">

<wizard

contributingId="org.eclipse.ui.views"

.

Open your e-mail without having to worry about viruses With MSN Premium Get
2 Months FREE*