Re: [pde-ui-dev] Writing to the plugin.xml

You should call save() on the PluginModel at the end.

Wassim.

             Rajeev Sikka
             <sikkar@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             pde-ui-dev-admin@                                          cc
             eclipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [pde-ui-dev] Writing to the
             04/14/2004 03:52          plugin.xml
             PM

             Please respond to
                pde-ui-dev

Hi,

I am trying to write to the plugin.xml. This is NOT during project
creation, but at a later time. I am doing this by getting the list of
extensions and then adding an IPluginElement. Everything seems to work fine
(meaning no exceptions are thrown and the IPluginElement seems to be
created fine etc.) but nothing gets added to the plugin.xml. Do I need to
do anything else? Just so to test I even tried deleting an extension (using
plugin.remove(extensions[0]); where plugin is IPluginBase) but the
plugin.xml was unchanged.

What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rajeev

PS If needed, I can attach the code snippet I am using. However, as I said,
on debugging everything seems to be working as expected (no exceptions),
but the plugin.xml is not getting updated.

Back to the top