Re: [pde-ui-dev] Where is pderesources.properties file?

This is definitely the intended behavior.  As for why, I'm not sure.  The
releng team would be the people to ask.
This can be confirmed by right-clicking on any plugin.xml and choose PDE
Tools > Build Ant File.  (this will use the same build mechanism as the
releng team)
You will see that in the targets responsible for zipping source, the script
is explicitly including *.java files and excluding all others file types.

That is why when people choose to import plug-ins with source, we first
unzip the source files from the source zip, then we crack open the jar file
and collect all resources files from it.

Wassim.

             Jared Burns
             <jaredburns@acm.o
             rg>                                                        To
             Sent by:                  pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             pde-ui-dev-admin@                                          cc
             eclipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [pde-ui-dev] Where is
             02/12/2004 08:36          pderesources.properties file?
             PM

             Please respond to
                pde-ui-dev

Wierd. Was that a bug in the 2.1.x distribution or is it like that on
purpose? (if so, why?)

Thanks,
- Jared

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 17:31, Wassim Melhem wrote:

> The .properties file is in the pdeui.jar in the binary, not the source.
>

>              Rajeev Sikka

>              <sikkar@xxxxxxxxx

>              m>
>              Sent by:                  pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx