[pde-ui-dev] Creating a Wizard that creates Plugin Projects

I need to write a wizard that will create a plugin project with default
classes.  I don't particularly want it to be a PluginTemplate because I
want to have more control over the UI and I need it to be launched from
the main wizard menu, not the plugin development menu.  I am using
Eclipse 2.1.1

I have looked at the code in org.eclipse.pde.ui to see how it is done
there.  Most (maybe all) of the classes that create the components of a
plugin project are internal, and seem to be solidly tied to the UI.

Do I have other options besides making the wizard a NewPluginTemplate?
Are there any other plugins I should look at?

I have taken note of the comments throughout org.eclipse.pde.ui:

"This class is part of an interim API that is still under development
and expected to change significantly before reaching stability. It is
being made available at this early stage to solicit feedback from
pioneering adopters on the understanding that any code that uses this
API will almost certainly be broken (repeatedly) as the API evolves."

Susan
email:  susan.b.foster@xxxxxxxxx
phone: 480-552-0927

Back to the top