[pde-ui-dev] org.eclipse.ui.part.FileEditorInput not found

Title: org.eclipse.ui.part.FileEditorInput not found

I seem to be having a strange conflict with the multi-part editor example.  It imports a class org.eclipse.ui.part.FileEditorInput.

If I include in the required classes the package org.eclipse.ui.ide on Win32, it works...although the interface changes and I have to comment out gotoMarker.

On Mac OS X, I found there was no org.eclipse.ui.ide package and found that org.eclipse.ui.externaltools had the class.  However, the interface required the gotoMarker method.

Can anyone help to clarify this conflict and what should be referenced?

Thanks &  Happy Holidays!

Phil Hunt
OctetString

Back to the top