[pde-ui-dev] PDE design document?

Is there a design document about PDE that can be shared? I'm talking
about
the design of the PDE plugins, not just the
user-guide-kind-of-documentation.

The reason I'm asking is that the PDE has some very interesting stuff
in there, e.g. the plugin manifest browser. This also applies to other
Eclipse plugins too.

We can certainly read the source code (BTW, the source code is amazingly
clean, i.e. not much of comments!!! And the Eclipse/SWT/JFace API docs
are very clean too!), but if the design document is made available to
the
public, it would be really helpful. It would be helpful for other people
see how certain things are done, and that would certainly help
developers
who develop on the Eclipse platform.

Since the whole set of source code is open already, is there any reason
not to release the design document to the public?

Thanks

csp