Re: [pde-ui-dev] How to write a Plug-in which will create a specific type of Java project

Deepak,

If you already have a plug-in, open the manifest editor and switch to the
'Extensions' page, and add a hew extension. Choose the 'Template-based'
extensions and select 'New' wizard from the list of templates. This will
add the code and manifest XML markup for the New editor contribution.

If you are creating a plug-in from scratch, choose the same template in the
list of plug-ins. This will add a sample 'New' wizard but the actual code
that generates a new project and manipulates the classpath is beyond the
example. You will need to read JDT ISV doc.

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Manager, Eclipse Platform Components
D2/MY7/8200/MKM
IBM Canada Ltd.
Tel. 905 413-2745  T/L 969-2745
Fax. 905 413-4854

|         |           Deepak A         |
|         |           Arora/India/IBM@I|
|         |           BMIN             |
|         |           pde-ui-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org      |
|         |           02/18/2003 07:33 |
|         |           pde-ui-dev       |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                     |
  |       To:       pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                              |
  |       cc:                                                                                                           |
  |       Subject:  [pde-ui-dev] How to write a Plug-in which will create a specific type of Java project               |
  |                                                                                                                     |
  |                                                                                                                     |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,
      I want to write a plug-in, which will allow me to create a new Java
project with specific jar files imported/reflected in the class path.
Basically I want to extend org.eclipse.ui.newWizards.

The plug-in when install should show that new project in the following view
File-> New->other->Sample Wizard, selecting Sample Wizard should show New
Java Project, and selecting the New Java Project, should create a new
project with specific jar files in the class path.

Is there an example, which will help me to do the same?

Thanks for your help

Regards
Deepak

Deepak Arora
Pervasive Computing Group
IBM Software Labs, India
Direct Phone: +91-80-5044996
Tel:  +91-80-5094703, +91-80-526 2355 / 526 7117 Extn. 3996
FAX: +91-80-5268553
E-mail; darora@xxxxxxxxxx