Re: [pde-ui-dev] How do I make my plug-In Installable

Deepak,

You need to pick the latest stable build i.e. M5 in the 2.1 development
stream. It is stable enough to use it for everyday development.

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Manager, Eclipse Platform Components
D2/MY7/8200/MKM
IBM Canada Ltd.
Tel. 905 413-2745  T/L 969-2745
Fax. 905 413-4854

                      Deepak A
                      Arora/India/IBM@I        To:       pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      BMIN                     cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [pde-ui-dev] How do I make my plug-In Installable
                      pde-ui-dev-admin@
                      eclipse.org

                      02/14/2003 04:24
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      pde-ui-dev

Thanks Dejan,
                             I was able to create a feature which includes
my Plug-In, after reading  "PDE Support for Eclipse Update Site Building"
resource page. But I could not create the "Update Site " as I don't have
"Update Site Project" Wizard in  New->Plug-in Development. I just have five
wizards inside New->Plug-in Development namely
1.    Plug-In Project
2.    Fragment Project
3.    Extension Point Schema
4.    Convert Java to Plug-In Project
5.    Feature Project

I am using eclipse-SDK-2.0. I tried to download/install the latest SDK i.e.
eclipse-SDK-2.0.2, but the download link within www.eclipse.org was down.

Do we have "Update Site Project" Wizard inside  New->Plug-in Development in
the latest SDK.
Do we have some other mirror site for www.eclipse.org ---> downloads, from
where I can download the latest SDK.

Thanks for your help

Regards
Deepak

Deepak Arora
Pervasive Computing Group
IBM Software Labs, India
Direct Phone: +91-80-5044996
Tel:  +91-80-5094703, +91-80-526 2355 / 526 7117 Extn. 3996
FAX: +91-80-5268553
E-mail; darora@xxxxxxxxxx

                      dejan@xxxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                 To:
pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      pde-ui-dev-admin@        cc:

                      eclipse.org              Subject:  Re: [pde-ui-dev]
How do I make my plug-In
                                                Installable

                      13/02/03 20:25

                      Please respond to

                      pde-ui-dev

Deepak,

You need to create a feature that includes your plug-in. Go to PDE dev.
resources page on Eclipse.org for the instructions on how to use update
site builder for this purpose.

Here is the link:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/pde-ui-home/working/site-builder.html

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Manager, Eclipse Platform Components
D2/MY7/8200/MKM
IBM Canada Ltd.
Tel. 905 413-2745  T/L 969-2745
Fax. 905 413-4854

                      Deepak A

                      Arora/India/IBM@I        To:
pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

                      BMIN                     cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [pde-ui-dev] How
do I make my plug-In Installable
                      pde-ui-dev-admin@

                      eclipse.org

                      02/13/2003 05:25

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      pde-ui-dev

I have written a small "Hello World" Plug-In. I want to make it installable
i.e. I want to have an install button in the preview window, when I select
the same Plug-In in Feature Updates. That Install button if pressed should
install the plug-in. Is it possible