Re: [pde-ui-dev] How to present 'transient' information using a plugin

A couple of comments ...

This mailing list is probably the wrong place for this note because it is
not related to PDE. PDE is a set of tools we supply to assist plugin
development. The question you have is about general usage of the UI
framework. So either post the newsgroup (although I recall seeing a post
like this already), or the developer list for the Eclipse UI (eg.
platform-ui-dev).

I am not a UI expert so I can't answer the question, but I think that
there are other places where views are dynamically added to a perspective,
so what you ask would appear to be programatically possible. UI guys
should be able to tell you. Also, you could consider adding a tab to your
editor to show the transient information (but this would require the user
to switch to that tab to see the info).

Also, the post came with a disclaimer attachment that does not seem to be
consistent with a post to a public forum and the Eclipse CPL in general.

Please respond to pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by:        pde-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx