Re: [pde-dev] PDE and GitHub

Hi Vikas,

>  I am happy to see PDE as one of the most active repos these days.

Maybe because of

> few things are missing post migration to GitHub.

so people are not forced to invest time to so many management stuff and instead have time for coding?

> It is recommended that all non-trivial changes should have a corresponding issue

It is already recommended to write detailed commit messages, I found that replaces creating an issue first, as no one reading the issues anyways (personal opinion) so I better write it at the commit/PR directly :-)

> All PRs without an issue should compulsorily have “milestone” and “assignee” set in the PR.

I think doing so only makes sense if we having many Milestones in parallel, otherwise Milestone = current release.

e.g. at Tycho I simply mark all issues closed with the current milestone using a filter, and only assign dedicated ones in case of backporting to older releases.

@Lars
> we could use git shortlog milestoneref1 milestoneref2 t

I think we should use as much automation as possible, there is even GithubCLI to automate stuff via custom scripts and man actions, tools and applications that could save us these times to handle it manually!