Re: [pde-dev] main vs test source causing annoyance

On Jan 28, 2022, at 09:21, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think we should act on fixing those .classpath and emit a rule to not use those "test" metadata on test bundles. Also, we should probably make PDE *not* add those metadata for plugins by default.

I agree. Forcing a new concept (even if its better) onto a legacy (without updating all the legacy) doesn't make it better. Instead it should be honored that OSGi bundles (and plug-ins) don't have a concept of main vs. test classpath. There is just one bundle classpath.

A test classpath (like Maven projects do) should be added as an opt-in so that projects can start adopting it when they are ready.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/