From: "Weber Matthias" <Matthias.Weber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "pde-dev" <pde-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [pde-dev] "Creating an Eclipse plug-in" cheat sheet
Date: Wed, Aug 11, 2021 1:42 PM

Hi,

I’ve been an Eclipse user for several years now, but I am completely new to Eclipse development.

Please let me know if I am wrong here and my questions should be directed to some other kind of support channel (forum, other mailing list, etc).

I want to understand the development of Eclipse plug-ins and have therefore stumbled across the Eclipse PDE and this mailing list. I’ve started working through the Cheat Sheets and am already stuck with the “Create a plug-in extension”: I cannot perform the “Create a view class” step as I do not see any hyperlink labelled "class" in the Extension Element Details.

From the  Cheat Sheet:

>To create a view class, perform the following steps:

>Click the "class" hyperlink under "Extension Element Details" to start the "New Java Class" wizard

The Eclipse SDK I am using is: Version: 2021-06 (4.20), Build id: I20210611-1600

Best regards,

Matthias