[pde-dev] Eclipse excessive workspace builds

I recently upgraded to Eclipse IDE for RCP and RAP Developers Photo (4.8.0) and I've been experiencing quite a number of excessive and poorly timed workspace rebuilds. What is the best way to diagnose what is going on? I purposely install as little extra tooling as possible because every layer of extra tooling slows things down even further. This includes:
  • Use git from the command-line rather than trying to have current git status reflected in Eclipse.
  • Don't use any JEE tooling. Instead we develop the JEE server-side as RCP plugins / OSGi bundles but then just compile 1+ plugins into a .EAR jars for deployment.
I have 3968 plug-in projects in this workspace and 607 plugins in my target runtime.

--
Patrick Bakker
Director of Technology

Find us on Facebook • Twitter • Google+