[pde-dev] Moving to Gerrit

Hi Everyone,

 You may have heard we're going to be moving all repos from our current Git servers to our Gerrit server[1] on June 4th.  After talking this over with your PL it was decided that your project would move early.

If you are currently using SSH URLs I recommend you login to the Gerrit interface here: https://git.eclipse.org/r and upload your public key( under your account settings -> ssh public keys)

This is mostly just a change of the software supporting Git access but there are a few details you need to be aware of:

1) Repository URLs have changed.  Currently you may use the following style of URL:

   ssh://committer_id@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/gitroot/path/to/repo.git

   The new URLs use the following format:

   ssh://committer_id@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:29418/path/to/repo.git

2) If you are currently using your committer ID in the 'author' or 'committer' fields, you will need to start using the email address on file for your account

3) You may also need to update your .git/config file with the following:

      fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
      fetch = refs/notes/*:refs/notes/*
      push = HEAD:refs/for/master

And that should be it.

Please note that this change does not require that you use the code review features of Gerrit.

If you have and concerns or issues please let me know.

-Matt.

Back to the top