[pde-dev] How to disable syncrhonization in *.product file when launching product?

Hi,

We are using the Eclipse PDE for developing our Eclipse RCP application and facing an annoying behavior of the ‘Product Configuration Editor’ for *.product files.

When launching our product via the ‘Product Configuration Editor’ the plugin.xml and MANIFEST.MF of our product gets “synchronized” (whatever that means) which leads to the file being checked out in our scm system. This brings the danger of submitting the generated files to the scm even if we don’t want to submit them. Files are even ‘synchronized’ during the launch even if the synchronization creates exactly the same content.

When lauching the rcp application (2. in the figure below) it seems that internally the synchronize (1. In the figure below) is triggered which causes the files to be generated/synchronized.

How can we disable this functionality?

Best regards

Ahmet Bilgin

MAGMA Gießereitechnologie Gesellschaft für Gießerei-, Simulations- und Regeltechnik mbH | Kackertstr. 11, 52072 Aachen, Germany | Rechtsform GmbH, Amtsgericht Aachen HRB 3912, UST-ID-Nr. DE121745780 | Geschäftsführung: Dr. Marc C. Schneider (Vorsitzender), Dr.-Ing. Jörg C. Sturm

Back to the top