Re: [pde-dev] Suppressing Eclipse Java Proposals

Hi,

You may be right, the question may belong more to the JDT mailing list,

I was not sure if the Java Text Editor was more PDE or JDT.

As for using a text editor, I understand your point,

but my students would loose all Java-related features

such as syntax highlighting, navigation on Java elements,

refactoring, etc.

I want them to learn how to use Eclipse, but in the beginning,

Eclipse is distracting them from learning the basics of the Java language.

Ironic, isn't it?

Thanks anyway.