[pde-dev] Suppressing Eclipse Java Proposals

Hi,

I am teaching Java programming directly within Eclipse and my students get confused by the Eclipse proposals to fix compiling errors.

Although the functionality is great, the net result is that students blindly follow the proposals and end up with messed-up code.

So my question is this.

     How do I can suppress the code proposals in Eclipse?

     Completion is fine, but I want just absolutely no proposal to fix compilation errors.

     Furthermore, I want absolutely no template proposals when writing code.

I did not find any way in the preferences, aside disabling the delay-based completion.

If this can be done through preferences, or environment variables, that is just great,

but I know my students will turn it back on...

So I would like to go in the code, build my own version of Eclipse, and disable the functionality entirely.

Can any one point me in the right direction in the source to short-circuit the proposals and templates.

Many thanks in advance.

Pr. Olivier Gruber.
University of Grenoble-Alpes

Back to the top