Re: [pde-dev] Generic Editor and form tabs

Thank you for the hints.

I ran into a roadblock in trying to create an instance of IEditorPart from an editor id, which is ultimately the only thing I have to start with. This IEditorPart instance is what I need to then use the addPage(IEditorPart,IEditorInput), which would allow me to reuse the editor that is already there rather than re-implementing a separate page.

If I turn a bad boy and use internals (cast IEditorDescriptor into EditorDescriptor and then use the createEditor method) I see the editor as in this screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/wFG53 (note the extra editor tab). So ultimately this takes me to bug 99568 . As of now I haven't found a non-internal way of going from an editor id to an instance of IEditorPart.

Sopot