[pde-dev] Error in 4.5 and 4.6 build

After a restart or a project clean and an attempted rebuild, I get the following error:

The project was not built due to "Resource already exists on disk: '/com.sma.ui.core.simplecharts/target/classes/com/sma/ui/core/simplecharts/constants/messages.properties'."

The workaround is either to

    1) delete the /bin subfolder, refresh the project and rebuild.  Or

    2) for multiple project errors,  in Preferences -> Java -> Compiler -> Building, add "*.properties" to Filtered Resources and rebuild the projects. And then remove "*.properties" from Filtered Resources and rebuild those projects again.

But of course this is becoming annoying and I need a more permanent and automatic solution. I am currently using Neon, but the same issue occurs in 4.5.

Any idea as to what the issue may be?

Back to the top