[pde-dev] How to use text editors in Eclipse Mars programmatically, using the compatiblity layer?

I am using the 3.x-4.x compatibility layer and I'm attempting to open and use editors. Our existing code implements IPartListener2 and calls workbenchPage.setPartState(partReference, 1) in the partOpened method to set the editor to minimize or maximize.

The problem is now whenever an editor is opened in Mars, it doesn't open maximized as a tab on the page layout as before, but in a much smaller window size.

Also, selecting the Restore Icon on an open editor's rule bar causes erratic positioning of the editor with one section of the editor in one part of the layout and other sections displaying in other areas of the page layout.

How am I to implement correct, predictable usage of editors with the compatibility layer?

Back to the top