Re: [pde-dev] Contributions to product and category editor

(continuation from message: http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/pde-dev/msg02228.html)

Talking to Curtis, I realized that I left out some of the motivation as to why we are doing the proposed changes.

Basically, the main motivation for these improvements is a growing need for Ericsson, Airbus and the Polarsys community in general to more easily create custom IDEs. Therefore the main goal is simplification to make it more accessible. All the improvements fall under this categorization and will be generally applicable to everyone, even people building RCP applications, since they are all about reducing the need for creating p2.inf files or googling to find the magic formula.

Back to the top