Re: [pde-dev] [Target Platform editor] What's this update button?

On 02/06/2014 07:23 PM, Mickael Istria wrote:
2. In case TP is already loaded, I would expect clicking on "Set As Target-Platform" to behave like reload. Actually I'd rather read "(Re)load target-platform", and have it the same effect that the "Reload" button.
The concrete issue here is that it's not clear what's happening on "Set as Target-Platform". We don't even know whether it's using the working copy, or the last saved one.
So it would probably better to force save when this is clicked.

Also some updates coming from SCM or external XML editor for example don't make the target-platform as not resolved, hence using "Set As Target-Platform" when TP definition changed but didn't make the TP as not resolved leads to inconsistencies in workspace.
So I believe it would be safer to (re)resolve the TP everytime one uses "Set as Target-Platform" in editor.

WDYT?
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat