[pde-dev] Single plug-in in Git. Project Layout

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the best layout for a single plug-in project in Git. The project has a readme.md file (to be visible on the GitHub frontpage) and tests. I've tried two options:

1. A plug-in and a test fragment.

/here.is.my.plugin
  /src
  /META-INF
/here.is.my.plugin.testfragment
  /src
  /META-INF
/readme.md

The problem with this layout is that since the readme.md file is not part of any project, it is not visible in Eclipse.

2. The root of the Git repository is the root of the plug-in. In this case I cannot have a test fragment.

/src/main/
/src/test/
/META-INF
/readme.md

This layout seems natural to me. The tests are bundled with code and the readme.md is at the root of it all, but I cannot get the JUnit plug-in tests to work unless I actually include the test-classes on my Bundle-Classpath. What seems to be lacking is that the generated "dev.properties" file used by the PDE launcher does not contain the test classes. Is there a known remedy for this problem?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top