Re: [pde-dev] Warnings about plugin.properties in src.includes

Was there ever a reply ... ? If not, I'll give my guess ... I've always interpreted these warnings to mean,

"since you have plugin.properties listed in bin.includes, it is redundant and not necessary to also list in src.includes".

Hope that's close to accurate.

Inactive hide details for Thomas Hallgren ---04/27/2011 11:49:54 AM---Hi, When I add the plugin.properties to the src.includes,Thomas Hallgren ---04/27/2011 11:49:54 AM---Hi, When I add the plugin.properties to the src.includes, I get a warning saying:

From: Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>
To: "Eclipse PDE general developers list." <pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/27/2011 11:49 AM
Subject: [pde-dev] Warnings about plugin.properties in src.includes
Sent by: pde-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

When I add the plugin.properties to the src.includes, I get a warning saying:

"'plugin.properties' should not be added to src.includes list as it is not required in source build."

In many cases, the plugin.properties contains default translations that cannot be found elsewhere. When using EMF
generated editors, most labels etc. have their text in plugin.properties and unless it's present there will be lots of
errors. If I understand this correctly, not including the plugin.properties will make it impossible to import such
bundles into my workspace and get them to function.

So why this warning? I can't see anything wrong in including this file in a source bundle.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren