[pde-dev] "Find unused dependenceis" from command line?

Hi List,

I hope I am talking up the right list, if not, maybe someone can point me to the right list.

I would like to call the "Find unused dependencies" functionality of the "Plug-in Manifest Editor" from the command line. Does anybody know if and how?

We have about 50 projects and 10 developers. Experience has proven that the developers will not think of erasing unused dependencies in the heat of the battle. Going through all manifest files and erasing the unused dependencies is a tedious job I would happily like our CI build machine to do. Hence my question.

I am also curious why this is not the default thing during a build. What is the use of pulling in stuff that will never be used? I could imagine removing unused dependencies before packaging and maybe a flag if you realy-realy want unused stuff in the resulting plugin. That would be a lot handier, right? But this is a bit besides the point of my question above.

Thanks,
Tom

Back to the top