Re: [pde-dev] Source references and bundle imports

> Is the API for this also provisional?

The extension points and interface for bundle importers and import pages
are provisional. The support that generates the headers is part of the
fetch factory implementation. It is not provisional (it's just a new
optional property that a fetch factory may generate).

> I would like to suggest some
> improvements that would make the life easier for builders like b3 and
> Buckminster to leverage the functionality. At present, it's not possible

> to reuse the functionality that is used for generating the references.

Header generation is repository specific. There is no API to generate the
headers outside of the fetch factories currently.

> know, because I had to copy large parts of the provisional
> implementation in order to get things working.

I'm assuming you'd like API to generate headers for use outside of PDE
build?

> Has there been any dialog around this new functionality with the other
> team providers (Subversive, Egit, Subclipse)?

Not directly. However, the infrastructure/header format (SCMURL) was
designed with community feedback.

Please file enhancement requests where necessary.

Darin

Back to the top