[pde-dev] Strange errors in RemoveRepositoryActionTest tests

Hi John,
I get an error in RemoveRepositoryActionTest.testInvalidEnablement(). At first I thought my changes when adding generics was causing this but I don't think that's the case. From what I can tell when debugging, I get different IArtifactRepositoryManager instances when I disable and then test if it is enabled. I think this is related to a check-in that John made to the AbstractProvisioningTest on the 22th with the comment "Added helpers for setting up fake self profile".

The problem AFAICS, is not with John's helpers. It's with the repository actions. They don't use the agent that is passed in the parameters to get the IArtifactRepositoryManager. Instead, they try to access this manager directly as a service. It succeeds, but it's a different instance.

I think it would be a good idea to remove all those services in favor of using the agent. That way, it will be easier to track these kind of problems. Code that relies on those services should really be changed. The sooner the better. What's the general opinion on this?

I'm not sure how to proceed with this since I have a huge bulk of changes pending. It would surely be nice if the tests were green prior to check-in.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top