* May want to lock the target to specific versions or may want it to float to latest in the given repo.  Perhaps on a per bundle or feature basis
* Definitely wants to add individual bundles from Software Sites
* Likely needs to add dirs of bundles and features by unzipping zip's etc.
* May or may not care which repo bundles come from
* Want some nice shorthand for lists of bundles to deal with build and p2 integration.  Current features are heavy-weight (project based, lots of cruft, ...)

To get a feel for and environment like this take a look at the Toast Examples project (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Toast).  There we do client and server, RCP and RAP, ... all in the same workspace with the same target.  There is interesting p2 integration etc etc.

Basically I encourage the PDE team to try living the life of a Toast developer (i.e., a Bundle developer) and ensure that the required workflows are retained and enhanced. I am more than happy to work with the team to explain how things fit together.  Just let me know.

Jeff

On 2009-10-15, at 4:34 PM, Curtis Windatt wrote:

A short meeting was held to discuss the target definition user interface and what changes we might want to see in 3.6.  We are happy with the overall flow of the current UI and don't want to disrupt current workflows.  However, there are changes to the underlying models that will affect the UI, we want to see target definitions better integrated with p2, and there are a number of bugs we want to see fixed.  The discussion is summarized on the PDE wiki.  If anyone else in the community would like to express their thoughts, please add some discussion points to the wiki page or bring it up on this mailing list.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/PDE/Meetings/20091015

Curtis