Re: [pde-dev] Target UI Discussion (Thomas)

pde-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 10/16/2009 10:10:54 AM:
> We haven't detailed the target model changes we would like to see,
> but we would like to use a profile to store the list of IUs in a
> target.  We already are using a profile if you have 'software site
> locations' in your target.  Even if a profile can only have a single
> environment, it should be possible to have multiple environments and
> re-resolve the target for each of them during an export operation.

PDE/Build resolves the state once for all environments at the same time.
Previously multi-platform export was done by re-resolving the target for each environment and essentially performing N exports.
In 3.5 we changed export do be a single multi-environment resolution done by PDE/Build.  This
greatly simplified things on build's side for integrating with p2.

-Andrew

Back to the top