|Re: [pde-dev] Target UI Discussion|
Another workflow (which could be argued to be a follow up of the RCP developer) is the one of being a "Release train participant":
- A person craft a target about what he knows constitute his base (e.g. WTP: Platform, EMF, ...)
- As new I/M builds get produced, he needs to keep the target up-to-date to be sure to run the latest and greatest.
- Having a "check for update" button seems to be something of prime importance (and would get us some brownie points :))
- Having a revert could also be useful though maybe less crucial
- He may wants to share its target definition with teams upstream from him, so being able to export this target as an IU could also be interesting (I think this got discussed in the past)
Now for ppl willing to carefully craft target platforms, I think it is also essential for the UI to allow for just bundles to be installed. So it basically needs to have an option to show every IU.
Curtis Windatt---10/15/2009 04:35:30 PM---A short meeting was held to discuss the target definition user interface and what changes we might want to see in 3.6. We are
Susan Franklin McCourt <susan_franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
10/15/2009 04:35 PM
[pde-dev] Target UI Discussion