Re: [pde-dev] Target UI Discussion

Another workflow (which could be argued to be a follow up of the RCP developer) is the one of being a "Release train participant":
- A person craft a target about what he knows constitute his base (e.g. WTP: Platform, EMF, ...)
- As new I/M builds get produced, he needs to keep the target up-to-date to be sure to run the latest and greatest.
- Having a "check for update" button seems to be something of prime importance (and would get us some brownie points :))
- Having a revert could also be useful though maybe less crucial
- He may wants to share its target definition with teams upstream from him, so being able to export this target as an IU could also be interesting (I think this got discussed in the past)

Now for ppl willing to carefully craft target platforms, I think it is also essential for the UI to allow for just bundles to be installed. So it basically needs to have an option to show every IU.

PaScaL

Inactive hide details for Curtis Windatt---10/15/2009 04:35:30 PM---A short meeting was held to discuss the target definition uCurtis Windatt---10/15/2009 04:35:30 PM---A short meeting was held to discuss the target definition user interface and what changes we might want to see in 3.6. We are

Curtis Windatt/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Susan Franklin McCourt <susan_franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>

10/15/2009 04:35 PM

[pde-dev] Target UI Discussion

A short meeting was held to discuss the target definition user interface and what changes we might want to see in 3.6. We are happy with the overall flow of the current UI and don't want to disrupt current workflows. However, there are changes to the underlying models that will affect the UI, we want to see target definitions better integrated with p2, and there are a number of bugs we want to see fixed. The discussion is summarized on the PDE wiki. If anyone else in the community would like to express their thoughts, please add some discussion points to the wiki page or bring it up on this mailing list.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/PDE/Meetings/20091015

pde-dev mailing list
pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx