[pde-dev] Create new dynamic help for existing Text Editor

Hi,

My situation is the following: I am a Flash/Flex developer and I use Eclipse + FDT to develop applications.

Just as Java libraries have JavaDoc files, ActionScript libraries have ASDoc files. What I want to do, is link the existing AS editor, provided by the FDT plugin, to display the helpfiles of custom imported ASDocs.

I am able to convert the ASDoc files to a toc.xml file and I'm even able to add a the files as a static book to the 'Help contents panel'. As I've said before: I want to take it one step further: When a user selects a certain class/method/keyword in the editor, I want the normal Help panel (under Related Topics) to give a link to the right documentation. Just like this, but with my own toc.xml:

http://www.dauntless.be/Temp/fdt_highlight.png
(http://www.dauntless.be/Temp/fdt_highlight.png)
Now, is there an easy way to do this? And with easy I mean: just a plugin.xml file with the right content? If not, does anyone have a good tutorial for writing my own plugin that I can link to the editor and display my own search results?

Thanks for reading!
Jeroen

Back to the top