From: pde-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pde-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Don Laidlaw
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 1:54 PM
To: Eclipse PDE general developers list.
Subject: [pde-dev] Target platform manifest problem.

When creating a target platform from a directory, the target platform will completely ignore any files that have a problem in the manifest. It would be nice to log those and the reason why it happened.

One problem is that if you use Bundle-Symbolicname in the manifest instead of Bundle-SymbolicName, then the target platform completely ignores that bundle. The difference is the capitalization of the “N” in SymbolicName. I believe you should be able to use Bundle-Symbolicname because the OSGi spec says the manifest headers names should be case-insensitive.

Do you consider this a bug? I do.

BTW: you would not believe how long it took to track down this issue :(

--
Best Regards,

Don Laidlaw | Sr. Research Engineer |
Infor | office: +1 902-576-5185 | mobile: +1 902-401-6771 | don.laidlaw@xxxxxxxxx