[pde-dev] Branding Icon for Launcher Not Applied with Headless Build (Eclipse 3.5)

Hi - When we moved our nightly builds from eclipse 3.4 to 3.5, we noticed that the branding icon is no longer applied from the definition in product.xml to the launcher (it keeps the default eclipse icon).

If I take the proudct.xml our builder uses and run it through our product plugin in the ide (renaming product.xml --> test.proudct) and choose File->Export->Eclipse product then it works just fine. I debugged the output for the ant script that the org.eclipse.pde.build plugin generates and it seems to be the same for the headless build and export from the workbench.

Generated ant script looks like this:

<eclipse.brand root="${eclipse.base}/win32.win32.x86/${collectingFolder}"
icons="${launcherIcons},
${basedir}/plugins\com.nokia.carbide.cpp\icons\Carbide_c_flat.ico"
name="${launcherName}" os="${os}"         />

We are not doing P2 build.

Thanks for any tips,
Tim

Back to the top