Re: [pde-dev] PDE Incubator "b3" project proposal

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Ian Bull <irbull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
For those who are interested, the official proposal will be posted at the end of this week. If you're interested in becoming a committer or just an interested party, please add yourself to the wiki.

Thanks Chris.

Another area that I think we shouldn't ignore is CBI/Athena/Build Infrastructure.  While I understand that continuous build systems and the integration with eclipse.org infrastructure is only peripherally related to build, I think we should solicit input from the folks maintaining the build environments.

I have noticed that these systems often define their own mechanisms for specifying what to build and how it should be built (for example, athena supports build.steps to define how the build should proceed).  It would be good to understand what was missing from the existing infrastructure and avoid duplication between the build tools and the build infrastructure.

In the end, I would really like to be able to use the same build configuration whether I am building by hand, in eclipse, or in an integration build system like hudson.

Agreed. I've cc'd Nick Boldt to gain his perspective and interest.

Cheers,

--
Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk

Back to the top