Re: [pde-dev] Import difference between 3.4 and 3.5?

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Chris Hopkins <chopkins@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all –

We are looking into moving from Ganymede (3.4) to Galileo (3.5) for our plug-in development. However, what used to work in 3.4 does not work in 3.5. I start up 3.5 and open my workspace and I’m running into issues with plug-ins in our defined Target Platform. We created two plug-ins for third party libraries that we use. We added a Manifest.mf for that exports all of the available packages in each library. These libraries work great in 3.4 if we specify the appropriate packages using the PDE tooling (Dependencies tab). However, in 3.5 we need to specify the plug-in itself as a required dependency to get the source code to compile.

Can you be more specific about your problem? A small example maybe?

In Eclipse 3.5, there's a new 'Target Platform State' view which shows you how things are wired in your workspace. That may help to start debug this issue a bit.

Cheers,

--
Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk

Back to the top