[pde-dev] PDE Documentation and FAQ

Howdy!

I'm looking to improve the way we handle documentation within PDE.

Let's start with the easy part. First, I want to add an FAQ to the wiki.
    http://wiki.eclipse.org/PDE/FAQ

I started an FAQ and started to add some information to it. I would like to suggest highly that we start building out this FAQ and start pointing people to it. Every time you answer a question, please add an entry to the FAQ. Imagine not having to answer the same question multiple times and just pointing people to a link. The FAQ on Eclipsepedia is also an opportunity to involve our large community into shaping the FAQ. We may want to convert some of our existing docs to the FAQ (e.g., http://wiki.eclipse.org/PDE/Build)

Second, I want to source our documentation from the wiki, similar to what Mylyn does for their User Guide documentation. This would allow us to "crowdsource" our documentation a bit. I blogged about this not so long ago.
    http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/2009/07/13/crowdsourcing-documentation-at-eclipse/

I'm in the process of converting the first part of our documentation to this format. It's going well but will take some time. Are people satisfied with this approach? Do you have any questions or concerns?

Anyone else have comments on how to improve our documentation process?

We can discuss them at today's weekly meeting

Cheers,

--
Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk

Back to the top