Re: [pde-dev] How to get a tree decorator to update on model change?

This sort of question should be asked on the news groups. It's really a
JFace question, rather than PDE.

Darin

mxc <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: pde-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
12/31/2008 02:57 PM
Please respond to
"Eclipse PDE general developers list." <pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[pde-dev] How to get a tree decorator to update on model change?

Hi all,

I have a treeviewer object whose underlying control I need to have updated
with the appropriate decorators when the underlying model changes. I have
Job running in the background and I have setup a JobChangeListerner which
basically call display.syncExec() that calls
PlatformUI.getDecoratorManager().update(Decorator.ID);

Sadly although this is called it does not update the tree view "in place".

Any pointers?

thanks

-----
http://www.jumpingbean.co.za Jumping bean your java and linux experts