Re: [pde-dev] Question about how to start with my plugin

Sounds like you need an Eclipse builder...

Project Builders and Natures
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Builders/builders.html

Chapter 14 Builders, Markers and Natures in the Eclipse:BCQP book
http://www.amazon.com/Eclipse-Building-Commercial-Quality-Plug-ins-2nd/dp/032142672X/

Mijung Kim wrote:
Hi, my name is MJ who just started to work with Eclipse and make a plugin.

I am making a plugin that does some actions when source codes are saved-and-compiled successfully. In other words, I have to hook up save-and-compile mechanism of Eclipse to my plugin.

For example, when a file is saved, then Eclipse will automatically compile the file. If the file is compiled successfully, then I have to do some actions(for instance, print some strings on a consol box by System.out.println) in a plugin. If not, do nothing.

Here are my questions:
1. Would it be possible to make such plugin that I described above in Eclipse?
2. If so, what kind of plugins that I have to use? For instance, View plugin or Editor plugin or Builder etc?
3. How would I catch the successful-compilation event? Could you tell me which plugins that I have to import and mothod names that I have to call?

Thank you very much.

MJ

 Dan Rubel
 Chief Technology Officer
 Instantiations, Inc.
 http://www.instantiations.com

 Author: "Eclipse: Building Commercial Quality Plug-ins"
 Addison-Wesley, March 2006, ISBN: 032142672X
 http://www.awprofessional.com/title/032142672X
 http://www.qualityeclipse.com/

Back to the top