Re: [pde-dev] Eclipse-ExtensibleAPI existence?

In pde.build at least, the fragments are added to the classpath regardless of the ExtensibleAPI header.

A brief look at the code seems to say the affect of this header is the order in which jars are added to the classpath.  The fragment's libraries come before the host when ExtensibleAPI (or "Eclipse-PatchFragment" ) is specified, otherwise the host comes first.

-Andrew

Danail Nachev <d.nachev@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: pde-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/28/2008 11:08 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse PDE general developers list." <pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse PDE general developers list." <pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [pde-dev] Eclipse-ExtensibleAPI existence?

:) Sorry, a simple "not" makes a lot of difference.

I meant: Is there particular reason why fragments are *not* always added
to the compile classpath of the clients?

BR,
--
Danail Nachev
Senior Software Engineer/Development Tools