[pde-dev] Storing preferences

Hi,

I'm wondering how I could store the preferences for my plugin.

I don't think I can use the org.eclipse.core.runtime.Preferences;
because I want to store several objects/datasets such as:

server {
- url
- username
- password
- type
}

I'm wondering if I then need to create my own XML file or if there are
any other clever ways to do this?

How (where?) do I store and retrieve this XML file in a way such that
it will work on any Eclipse installation?

If anyone has any tutorials about this, please let me know.

Thanks,
- Erling

Back to the top