[pde-dev] Basic Plugin Dependencies Question

Hi all,

I have what I think is a basic plugin dependency question.

I have a project that uses JDT to execute static analysis on Java
classes (Project A). I started it as a normal Java project with the
necessary eclipse plugins in the classpath.

For quick testing purposes a created a plugin project with a class
that extended IPlatformRunnable (Project B). This class execute in a
pre-defined workspace and look for an specific project. Then it crawls
every CompilationUnit of that project and performs a parse, using an
ASTVisitor that is defined in "Project A".

First I used a normal project dependecies, as in Java projects and
realized that it did not work at all. Then I converted "Project A" to
a plugin project (Using PDE Tools), exported the necessary packages,
and added a dependency in "Project B".

Now I get this error:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2008-07-08 18:52:37.515
!MESSAGE The following is a complete list of bundles which are not
resolved, see the prior log entry for the root cause if it exists:
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2008-07-08 18:52:37.515
!MESSAGE Bundle update@../../Documents and
Settings/Laercio/workspace/Colector/ [30] was not resolved.
!SUBENTRY 2 Colector 2 0 2008-07-08 18:52:37.515
!MESSAGE Missing required bundle Code_Analyser_0.0.0.

What is the problem? Am I supposed to generate a Jar of my "Project A"
to make this work? I hope not as it will slow my tests.

Thanks!

Back to the top