Re: [pde-dev] deploying plugin

Hi,

I'd first check the .metadata\.log file for problems. One of the main causes of plugins not starting is errors in the activator or plugins that are not present (or made dependant on) at runtime. Check in the manifest whether you have all dependant plugins specified.
In your manifest there are some options where you can define which platforms you want to run the plugin on. Maybe check plugin.xml and manifest.mf for platform specific items. Some plugins only run on windows for  instance (swt is platform specific as well) Another thing to check is the versions of the dependencies.

Regards,
Leen

Babar, Vrushali Shrikant (Vrushali) **CTR** wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to deploy a helloworld plugin.

Steps that i followed,
1 - made helloworld plugin from standerd template.
2 - made build.xml
3 - export -> plugin developement -> deployable plugins and fragments.
4 - copied an archive file into plugin directory.
5 - run the eclipse.

The plugin is getting deployed perfectly in case of windows platform but
fails on linux.
I have followed the same steps on linux but could eclipse is not
finding the newly deployed plugin.
is there anything else am i suppose to do to deploy a plugin
on linux platform?

Please direct.I need it urgently.

Thanks in advnace.

-Vrushali.