From: Boris Glawe <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 10/02/2007 11:32 AM
Subject: [pde-dev] Plugin not started

Hi,

I don't know, whether I'm right here - but I can't find a better place
to find help for my problem:

I have a lot of eclipse projects in my workspace, each of them
implementing an eclipse plugin. These plugins depend on each other.

Let's say Plugin A requires plugin B.

If I've understood eclipse correctly, a plugin gets loaded, as soon as
one of it's classes, is being instantiated (Yes, lazy loading is set to
true in the MANIFEST.MF). Is that correct?

My problem:

Plugin A requires a class that is in B. With the first trial to
instantiate this class, I get a NoClassDefFoundError.

I've set a breakpoint at the very top of the Constructor of the
activator's class of plugin B but the debugger never reaches this point
before the thrown error!

I conclude from this, that eclipse never tries to load the plugin!

The plugina A and B are listed in help->about->plugin details!

Where could I begin with the search for the failure reason?

Plugin B is  listed in the Required-Plugins section of A's MANIFEST.MF.

B's packages that are required in A are explicitly exported in the
MANIFEST.MF!

There's a cyclic dependency between A and B! Some Classes of B need to
be instantiated during the execution of A's start() method. I've already
tried to remove this cyclic dependency, by commenting out all lines in
the start() method, that access B's classes. Unfortunately this didn't help.

Do you have any idea, what I could try next? Except the error log, I
don't know where to find more information.