Re: [pde-dev] [DEPENDENCY ISSUE]

For your plug-in to be able to utilize classes from a 3rd party library,
this library has to be a plug-in in itself.

To create a plug-in from an existing archive, go to File > New > Project...
> Plug-in Development > Plug-in from existing archives.
This will package your library into a plug-in.

Then open the MANIFEST.MF file of your first Eclipse plug-in, go to the
Dependencies tab, add the 3rd party plug-in you just created, and save the
file.
The code from the 3rd party plug-in will now be automatically added to your
classpath at development time and the classes will be on your runtime
classpath.

Make sure to NEVER tweak the classpath file of your plug-in directly.
Everything you need to get on that classpath should be done via declaring a
dependency on a plug-in on the Dependencies page.
PDE takes care of the classpath.

Wassim

             "João Kreuzberg"
             <ivanirjoao@gmail
             Sent by:                  pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             pde-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [pde-dev] [DEPENDENCY ISSUE]
             07/17/2007 10:01
             PM

             Please respond to
               "Eclipse PDE
                  general
             developers list."
             <pde-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hey guys,

I just started writing my first eclipse plugin (project wizard) and I'm
having an issue regarding 3rd libraries.

My plugin needs to instantiate a class that is inside of a separated jar
file. When I try to test my plugin, it just gives me a class not found
exception.

How can I make sure eclipse can find that jar to add to the classpath?

Is it something I need to configure on my plugin?

Thanks very much

Best regards,

--