[pde-dev] non-UI plugin activation

Hi all,
I am quite new to the plugin development.

I am developing a plugin that displays some information from a background
process (class BkgProc) in a TableView.

Currently I instantiate the BkgProc in the start() method of the plugin
Activator ("BkgProc bp;" is a member variable of the Activator class). The
BkgProc constructor then starts the background process and in addition
another Thread which periodically reads the bp.getOutputStream() and invokes
the TableView.refresh() method with the updated data.

Is it a good idea to make the BkgProc a member of the Activator, or what
would be a better place? I didn't make it part of the TableView, because
later also other views will request data from BkgProc.

Edi